The implementation of SHIPS Driver Recruiting solution exceeded Maverick’s expectations. The increased productivity within its recruiting department, the speed at which it had visibility and could respond to and process qualified drivers and the management reporting functionality confirmed Maverick’s belief that the decision to replace their existing system with EBE’s commercial software was the right approach.
Automation Efficiency Simplifies the Recruitment Process
The driver recruitment process can be extremely labor intensive, time consuming and dependent upon manual operations for success. This takes away from the real job of a recruiter and processor – the review, analysis and decision to hire qualified drivers. SHIPS Driver Recruiting Software automates redundant processes so recruiters can focus on the most important aspects of their job.
• All Maverick recruitment databases are unified and available to everyone in the system.
• Driver applications are entered in a Maverick database and never keystroked again. The application becomes a record that is available to recruiters, processors, safety personnel and management.
• Applications are scored based on a set of criteria predetermined by Maverick. No need to review every application, just the ones that meet Maverick’s qualifications for the job.
• The system is set up to automatically request driver license information, background checks, previous employment history and reference checks. SHIPS continuously monitors and tracks the return of the these reports, alerting processors and management if documents are not returned or if there are any “red flag” items on these reports requiring processor review.
• All information and documents collected throughout the hiring process are automatically exported to Mavericks’ AS400 and RVI imaging system when a driver is on-boarded, eliminating the need for re-keying or scanning these items.
Improved Productivity Drives Down Recruitment Overhead
SHIPS Driver Recruiting Software allowed recruiters to analyze applications more quickly. A scoring system identified the best candidates and rejected those that did not score high enough. No need to spend time reviewing unqualified drivers – just the ones who were the best fit for Maverick. SHIPS made it easier and more efficient to bring new drivers on-board. Driver files are automatically transferred from one department to another without printing or transferring paper. This improves the productivity of Maverick USA employees, as they touch less paper and can make decisions more quickly.
More Insight, More Accountability, More Opportunity for Improvement
SHIPS offers comprehensive reporting capability to Maverick. All information that is entered into SHIPS, as well as the complete history of all activity throughout the hiring process, is available to be reviewed through SHIPS reporting tool. Some of the reports Maverick uses to evaluate and improve its operations include recruiter and processor productivity, time from application to offer, orientation class lists, lead source and costs, abandoned applications and applications per business segment. Reporting on these types of activities is critical to management in order to keep a pulse on not only the department, but industry trends.
Streamlined Systems Leads to Greater Driver Satisfaction
When all the pieces work together and communications are improved – everyone in the system is more satisfied. There are solution benefits for prospective Maverick drivers, too. When an application is submitted, a driver portal is immediately made available to the applicant. The application status is updated throughout the entire hiring process. This portal demonstrates to drivers, first hand, the importance Maverick places on communicating with its drivers and making them feel like an important part of the company.
"EBE was on-site and willing to listen and implement our ideas on how to make the SHIPS Driver Recruiting Software even better. This made an important difference in the successful adoption of their solution at Maverick."
- Brad Vaughn, Director of Recruiting, Maverick Transportation, LLC.