Quality Assurance Specialist
Position Title: QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST
Location: East Moline, IL
This position tests systems, documents results, and reports defects that ensure the business meets the needs of its clients, internally and externally, by following the prescribed standards and methodologies as determined by the different technical groups.
- Execute system test cases and document results appropriately
- Produce a Test Summary Report
- Document any defects and help manage those defects
- Able to review and understand system test plans
- Assist with validation of unit test results as needed
- Other tasks as assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, as listed above.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to manage allocated tasks with minimum supervision
- Ability to prioritize and organize
- Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent logical reasoning and problem solving skills
- Ability to articulate problems for technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Basic experience/knowledge in Automation Testing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 0–3 years of software testing working experience
- Experience with sorting through complex issues, systematically gathering information, addressing root cause of issues, and timely communication with others
- Experience executing test cases as well as documenting and communicating results
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Creative thinker
- Quick learner
- Problem solver
- Able to work flexible hours
- Experience working with testing tools such as Microsoft Test Manager or TFS
- Experience testing systems built with in-house custom frameworks and the ability to adapt to learning the ins and outs of these types of frameworks as needed
EBE is a leading provider of content management software solutions to the transportation and logistics industries. Our solutions allow companies to incorporate mobile, web-based and cloud applications to manage data and digital documents. EBE’s clients are located throughout North America. EBE provides completive salary, Insurance, positive work environment, 401K and earned vacation.